Tours in Alice Springs
Alice Springs Highlights
- Visit the Old Telegraph Station north of Alice Springs. The telegraph station is next to the permanent waterhole in the Todd River, that made settlement possible in this area.
- See famous Outback institutions, the Royal Flying Doctor Base and the School of the air
- Meet native animals at the Alice Springs Reptile Park
- Finish the tour on top of Anzac Hill, you get the most stunning views over Alice, and the surrounding rugged MacDonnell Ranges.
Tour departs daily at 2 pm from Alice Springs hotels.
Approximately 3.5 hours.
Click for more info about this half-day tour
Sunrise Ballooning Adventure
Discover the beauty of the Australian Outback while floating over the desert in the morning. You have to get up early, but you are rewarded with the most beautiful views of this rugged landscape.
A gourmet breakfast in the bush follows the flight.
You have the choice of a 30 or 60 minutes hot air ballon tour.
Schedule: Tour departs daily (weather permitted) from Alice Springs hotels. Expect hotel pick-up from about 1 1/2 hours before dawn.
Duration: Approximately 4 hours.
Click for more info about the ballooning adventure
Alice Springs Tour to surrounding areas
4WD Tour to Palm Valley & Hermannsburg
Visit Palm Valley within the Finke Gorge National Park
See unique palm trees that have survived for centuries
Dip your toes into rock pools and enjoy spectacular rock formations
Visit the Aboriginal Community Hermannsburg, explore the art collection, have a tea at the Kata Anga Tea Rooms
Approximately 4 hours.
Click here for more info about the Palm Valley tour
West MacDonnell Ranges Day Trip
This day tour from Alice Springs along the Larapinta Drive takes you to the rugged West MacDonnell Ranges.
- Explore Simpsons Gap where chances are good to spot rock wallabies
- Walk into Standley Chasm, the narrow cleft with glowing red rock walls
- You also visit John Flynn's grave (founder of the famous Royal Flying Doctor Service) at the foot of Mount Gillen
- Morning tea, a picnic lunch and afternoon snacks are included in this tour
Enjoy waterholes, learn about Aboriginal culture at the Ochre Pits, discover wildlife and stunning nature.
Departs daily at 7:45am (Small group up to 20 people)
Approximately 9 hours 45 minutes
Check details about the West MacDonnell Ranges Tour
Camping safaries from Alice Springs to Uluru & Kata Tjuta
One night camping safari to Uluru
One-way tour from Alice Springs to Uluru. This tour can also be booked with Ayers Rock airport or the utback Pioneer Hotel as starting point.
- Enjoy the landscapes on your coach drive through the red centre
- Discover Aboriginal culture at the cultural centre at Uluru
- Watch the stunning sun set and sun rise at the famous rock
- Do the base walk and learn about the mysteries of Uluru
- Enjoy the night under the stars in a bush camp
- Walk through the valley of the winds at Kata Tjuta
Departs early morning in Alice to arrive at Ayers Rock at lunch time
Approximately 2 days
Click here for more info about the camping safari
3 days Uluru, Olgas & Kings Canyon camping trip
Discover the highlights of the red centre.
- Visit the Outback Camel Farm
- Walk around the base of Uluru
- Watch the stunning sunset at Uluru in style with a glass of sparkling wine
- Get up early the next morning to see the sunrise at Kata Tjuta before you take a walk through the Valley of the Winds
- At King Canyon discover the lost city and garden of eden
- Sleep under the amazing stars of the Outback
Departs daily from Alics Springs - approximately 6am
3 days / 2 nights - Arrive at about 5 pm in Alice Springs on Day 3
Click here for info about the 3-days camping safari
Tours from Alice Springs to Uluru / Ayers Rock
One-way Tour to explore the highlights of Uluru & Kata Tjuta
This tour offers budget, first class or deluxe accommodation.
- Visit a camel farm on the way to Australia's heart
- Walk into Walpa Gorge at Kata Tjuta
- Dine under the stars at the Sounds of Silence Dinner
- Walk to Mutitjulu waterhole at Uluru
- Spend the morning on your own on Day 3 before your transfer to the airport
Tour departs on 7am from selected hotels in Alice Springs
3 days / 2 nights
Click here to check the highlights tour to Uluru
Didn't find an Alice Springs tour that suits your needs? Check out all tours departing Alice Springs